Thanks to its past as an imperial residence, Vienna offers a real history show. In today’s Vienna, contemporary culture also plays an important role. This can be found for example in the Museums Quartier, the museum district, or in the many art galleries. The city is considered by many to be the city of music due to its rich musical history. Vienna is full of history with baroque castles and gardens, beautiful architecture and impressive monuments and parks.
Discover Vienna best places in the list below –
1. Belvedere –The Belvedere is composed of two 18th century castles which are among the most beautiful baroque ensembles in Europe. Above all, it is an essential museum for those who want to understand the Viennese artistic revolution at the turn of the 20th century. Visit the Oberes Belvedere (Upper Belvedere) and its rooms dedicated to Impressionism, Realism and the Viennese Secession led by Klimt and Schiele. It is among Vienna best places to visit.
2. Schönbrunn Castle – The summer residence of the former imperial house, Schönbrunn Palace, is one of Vienna’s most famous landmarks and one of Vienna best places. This castle inextricably linked with history and culture has played an essential role in the past of the city. Visitors can admire the old castle from the inside – in the imperial chambers – and also the vast park, the labyrinth and the gazebo outside.
3. Hofburg Imperial Palace – A visit to the Hofburg Imperial Palace, the main palace and the Habsburg winter residence, is a must during a visit to Vienna and essential among Vienna best places. It houses the Spanish School of Horse Riding, in which the classical arts of horse riding can be admired, but also the imperial apartments, the Sisi Museum, and the Imperial Silverware Collection and it offers visitors as well a cultural experience unique.
4. Albertina – The Albertina Museum is one of Vienna’s most impressive art museums and has one of the largest and most important collections of graphic art in the world. You can admire works of art from the fields of photography to masterpieces of Impressionism and modern graphic arts. Fans of Monet, Cezanne, Klimt, and Picasso find their happiness in the Albertina. The imposing buildings of the 18th century already justify a visit. It is one of the most historic among Vienna best places.
5. Danube Tower – The Danube Tower offers you one of the most spectacular views of Vienna. From the panoramic terrace at the height of 155 meters, you have a fantastic view of the entire city – as far as the eye can see. The building, also used as a radio-television tower, houses a revolving restaurant around the tower and a glazed terrace. It is the ideal place to take souvenir photos of the city and probably the Vienna best places.
6. St. Stephen’s Cathedral – St. Stephen’s Cathedral is with the Treasury, its religious importance and its characteristic colored tiles one of the most imposing buildings in Vienna. The South Tower with its many bells rises high to the sky and is visible high above the roofs of Vienna, while the interior of the church impresses visitors with the Gothic style.