Mallorca is a beautiful and extravagant Mediterranean island with brilliant weather and vast landscapes and mouth-watering food. It is the largest part of the Balearic Islands in Spain it forms a picturesque location with mountains covered in green flora dipping into the sea. Apart from the brilliant landscapes and esplanades Mallorca attractions also comprise historic towns and charming villages filled with tourist attractions like churches, castles and art museums. The list of a few places to enjoy while in Mallorca has been explained in a nutshell
1. City of Palma de Mallorca – Palma de Mallorca is a harbor town marked with a blend in a perfect seaside atmosphere and cultural touch. It has two most important tourist attractions – the Cathedral and castle. Catredal de Mallorca sits on the side of the harbor symbolizing a vision of faith and hope among people. Castillo de Bellver sits on the top of a hill three kilometers away from the capital city. It also houses a history museum and a chapel which reflects the formidable 13th-century building.
2. Alcudia’s Old neighborhood – Surrounded by green landscapes and pine covers, Alcudia forms a major part of Mallorca attractions. This medieval town is known for its historical monuments, delicious food, and amazing traditional festivals. Several interesting tourist locations like La Albufera for bird watching since this park along the bay attracts almost 200 species of birds every year. Also near the city is Yannick & Ben Jakober foundation which is an excellent modern and contemporary art museum. This museum also houses a beautiful garden with a sculpture park.
3. The hilltop town – The beautiful setting between the Tramuntana Mountains and the Mediterranean sea, the historic village of Valldemossa is located. This town is classified with steep pedestrian streets & buildings with old stone facades giving this place a heritage appearance. The area is filled with thick vegetation sloping down into the beach over the alpine cover. Most of the restaurants in this town offer an amazing variety of seafood which is mouth-watering and serves as a delight to the tourists.
4. Soller – Among the olive groves and citrus orchards leading to the sea. The famous Soller train takes the tourists on a ride through the beautiful landscapes. The town is marked with several beautiful historical monuments including parish church of Sant Bartomeu, Sa capatella Monastery and the Alfabia palace.
5. The island also exhibits a major number of beaches which also forms a part of Mallorca attractions. Llucmajor beaches, Playa del Arenal and the Cala Pi beach are the prominent beaches which allow people to soak up some sun during the summer months.
With such beautiful places thriving across Mallorca it forms one the most exquisite and alluring places to visit in the island of Spain. Mallorca offers a blend of culture and beautiful landscapes which catches the eye of many tourists looking to have an exhilarating experience. Mallorca should be in the bucket list for any person looking to travel overseas in search of some peace and tranquility.