Italian saint once dreamt of having a utopian city. This inspired the construction or formation of the city of Brasilia in Brazil. Oscar Niemeyer designed the city of Brasilia with his utmost passion for architecture and ensured each building looks unique in its own way. Brasilia has been declared as UNESCO World Heritage site since it boasts a brilliant form of architecture coupled with lush green spaces and vivid esplanades. The 10 most beautiful buildings that form a part of Brasilia attractions are –
- Cathedral of Brasilia – This is the first piece of Brasilia attractions which is an example of the finest architecture possible by Oscar Niemeyer. It displays the top features of Niemeyer’s features of open concrete, simplicity, brilliant curves, daring structural designs and bold forms.
- The Itamaraty Palace – One of the major Brasilia attractions is this beautiful building designed by Oscar Niemeyer and inaugurated in 1970 as the headquarters of the Ministry of foreign affairs. The interiors of this elegant building are marked with artworks by Athos Bulcao, Rubem Valentim and Alfredo Volpi – the three icons of Brazilian modernism.
- Palacio da Justica – Oscar Niemeyer took the liberty to design of the oldest buildings as a part of Brasilia attractions. This building has a facade marked with asymmetrical waterfalls which meet a pond at the bottom.
- Congresso Nacional is one of the three Monumental buildings composing the Praca dos Tres Poderes coupled with Palacio do Plalanto and Supremo Tribunal Federal. This is an icon for Brazil’s capital in the world. The buildings are constructed in the formation of two hemispheres and two linear towers interconnected via a tunnel.
- Templo da Boa Vondate – Amongst all Brasilia attractions, this is the most visited site in Brasilia. This is a seven-faceted pyramidal temple with a white marble dressing.
- Santuario Dom Bosco – Paying homage to light, Claudio Naves has designed this architecture as a major of Brasilia attractions. It is designed in such a way that it reflects a beautiful and astounding feel of being under a starry sky. The center of the building is beautified with a brilliant chandelier made up of small pieces of Murano glass.
- Museu Nacional – Inaugurated by Oscar Niemeyer this Brasilia attraction is a dome-shaped structure along with a ramp for access. The facade, however, is used for exhibitions and concerts. The mezzanine inside the building is home to several artwork exhibitions. This building provides an exquisite view of the horizon of Esplanada dos Ministerios.
- Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil – This building is an addition to the list of Brasilia architecture because it is the home to several cultural events from all over the world. This houses a plethora of cultural events like fairs, exhibitions, music festivals, food festivals and so many more.
- Supremo Tribunal Federal – The building is located on the Three Powers Square along the centers of imaginary triangles. Outside the building, a figure depicting Lady Justice has been installed to symbolize insightful judgment.
- Teatro Claudio Santoro – Yet again another addition to the Brasilia attractions by Oscar Niemeyer is a building dedicated completely to art and culture.
Hence whenever an individual wish to travel or reside in the Brazilian city of Brasilia these 10 buildings are some amazing piece of architecture to look out for.