Zell am See is a resort town on the shore of Lake Zell. It is visited by the admirers of mountain skiing from all over Europe, especially in summer. Indeed, in Europe, no other lakeside resort allows tourists to both enjoy swimming in Lake Zell and Alpine skiing. Also, the resort attracts lovers of mountains and nature, because the lakeside and the surroundings are very picturesque. We set out a list of things to do in Zell am See:
Cherish the Summer Adventures at Zell Am See
1. For tourists wanting to do sightseeing, the city offers a lot of possibilities. The Cathedral of Saint-Hippolyte and the Evangelist Church, the building of the Town Hall which also houses a painting gallery are very interesting. The Museum of Local History presents the history of the city since ancient times. Fans of history will inevitably appreciate the Fortress of Prielau. The walk in the medieval streets will bring a rare pleasure one of the essential things to do in Zell am See. One can reach the Krimml Ski slopes by an old narrow-gauge railway, from which one can admire the landscapes of unique beauty.
2. Tourists come here to relax on lakeside beaches. This lake is deep, so travelers are welcome to take part in activities that are not typical for these parts, such as diving which is popular among things to do in Zell am See. During summer, tourists can choose from many hiking and horseback rides. They can also visit the riding school close by. In the vicinity of the complex, you will find several prestigious golf clubs, tennis courts, and other playgrounds. Zell am See continues to be one of Austria’s most recognizable and popular resorts. In the warmer months, the main attraction of the resort is hiking. Vacationers can explore the sights both on foot and by bike. There are several playgrounds and recreational areas for children also.
3. At the station, there is a fascinating history museum. Most of the exhibitions date back to the time of the founding of the city. Visitors have the opportunity to see archaeological artifacts discovered by researchers in the area and to evaluate the collection of important historical documents and early images of the city. Most museum pieces are real works of art. It will be fascinating for the admirers of paintings to visit the art gallery the most fun among things to do in Zell am See. It houses unique works by William Cowley, Günter Brus, Terry Winters, and other Austrian painters.
4. Near the city, there is an exciting natural attraction, the ice caves of Werfen. You can visit the caves only at certain times of the year an adventure among things to do in Zell am See. Travelers usually come here as part of guided tours of the old Hohenwerfen Castle. It is not very far away.
5. In addition to its attractions, the resort is famous for providing a good time here at any time of the year. The Steinerwirt restaurant invites visitors to enjoy classic Austrian cuisine. Those who decide to visit the restaurant at night are recommended to book a table in advance. Cabbage duck is particularly popular among regular customers. The Einkehr restaurant is perfect for sampling Austrian specialties. It’s a nice place for a family vacation, as qualified chefs prepare delicious and original dishes for young visitors. In addition to gourmet treats, guests are invited to choose a fine wine, as the choice of drinks at Einkehr is very impressive. You can try different varieties of pizza with soft drinks in the Villa Crazy Daisy restaurant. In the warmer months, visitors can stay at the beautiful outdoor terrace. There is also a spacious and elegant room with natural light. In addition to the original pizza, the restaurant offers fresh salads and appetizers.