It is quite difficult to list down all the amazing and fun places you can visit and the alluring things to do in Montreal. However, the list has attempted to cover maximum possible places and things that can be experienced while in Montreal. Montreal must be in the bucket-list for many and it is very important to tick off a few places and a few things to do in Montreal during the visit.
1. Scale the Mont-Royal – The first addition to the list of things to do in Montreal would be to scale up the Mont Royal either on foot or in a bus. It is an absolutely exhilarating experience as one can also see the entire city of Montreal from the Belvedere observatory. However, if a person can rise up early and dare to catch the sunrise from behind the skyscrapers, it will create a lasting impression in their minds forever.
2. Go for the gastronomical tour – While considering the things to do in Montreal, missing out on the various amazing culinary experiences would be a strict no. Montreal has restaurants plowing the streets which are higher than the number of restaurants in New York on a per capita basis. The food is exquisite, delicious and mouth-watering. Experiencing the “Mile End food tour” will be one of a kind for anyone visiting this place.
3. Gorging on the poutine should be an important addition to the things to do in Montreal. Poutine is basically French fries served with cheese and brown gravy. However, with some modifications, it also comes with pork and other non-vegetarian items. Trying out the Poutine is something very important for anyone visiting Montreal since such an exquisite dish with a similar taste will not be available anywhere else.
4. Smoked meat sandwich – Montreal offers a 4-inch thick fully loaded meat sandwich that would be enough to fill up any stomach of whatsoever size. Trying out the smoked meat sandwich at Lester’s deli in Outremont is a must though
5. Take a walk on St. Paul Street – Walking along the Old parts of Montreal helps tourists to experience the beauty of European culture in Montreal. The streets of St. Paul’s thrive with cafes, bars, art galleries, souvenir shops and many such places where the tourists can shop without a fringe since Montreal is a cheap place to live and reside.
6. A tour of the market – Another important addition to the list of things to do in Montreal would be to visit one of the amazing markets in Montreal. Visiting the market would be a brilliant way to interact with the locals and have an opportunity to taste something new. Almost all varieties of Maple products are available in the market.
Keeping such exquisite experiences in mind it is important to relish the beautiful city of Montreal to the maximum glory possible. The city of Montreal is bound to create an exhilarating experience for anyone looking to soak up some brilliant experience.