Mallorca is a beautiful and extravagant Mediterranean island with brilliant weather and vast landscapes and mouth-watering food. It is the largest part of the Balearic Islands in Spain it forms a picturesque location with mountains covered in green flora dipping into the sea. Apart from the brilliant landscapes and esplanades Mallorca attractions also comprise historic towns and charming villages filled with tourist attractions like churches, castles and art museums. The list of a few places to enjoy while in Mallorca has been explained in a nutshell
1. City of Palma de Mallorca – Palma de Mallorca is a harbor town marked with a blend in a perfect seaside atmosphere and cultural touch. It has two most important tourist attractions – the Cathedral and castle. Catredal de Mallorca sits on the side of the harbor symbolizing a vision of faith and hope among people. Castillo de Bellver sits on the top of a hill three kilometers away from the capital city. It also houses a history museum and a chapel which reflects the formidable 13th-century building.
2. Alcudia’s Old neighborhood – Surrounded by green landscapes and pine covers, Alcudia forms a major part of Mallorca attractions. This medieval town is known for its historical monuments, delicious food, and amazing traditional festivals. Several interesting tourist locations like La Albufera for bird watching since this park along the bay attracts almost 200 species of birds every year. Also near the city is Yannick & Ben Jakober foundation which is an excellent modern and contemporary art museum. This museum also houses a beautiful garden with a sculpture park.
3. The hilltop town – The beautiful setting between the Tramuntana Mountains and the Mediterranean sea, the historic village of Valldemossa is located. This town is classified with steep pedestrian streets & buildings with old stone facades giving this place a heritage appearance. The area is filled with thick vegetation sloping down into the beach over the alpine cover. Most of the restaurants in this town offer an amazing variety of seafood which is mouth-watering and serves as a delight to the tourists.
4. Soller – Among the olive groves and citrus orchards leading to the sea. The famous Soller train takes the tourists on a ride through the beautiful landscapes. The town is marked with several beautiful historical monuments including parish church of Sant Bartomeu, Sa capatella Monastery and the Alfabia palace.
5. The island also exhibits a major number of beaches which also forms a part of Mallorca attractions. Llucmajor beaches, Playa del Arenal and the Cala Pi beach are the prominent beaches which allow people to soak up some sun during the summer months.
With such beautiful places thriving across Mallorca it forms one the most exquisite and alluring places to visit in the island of Spain. Mallorca offers a blend of culture and beautiful landscapes which catches the eye of many tourists looking to have an exhilarating experience. Mallorca should be in the bucket list for any person looking to travel overseas in search of some peace and tranquility.
Quebec is a small city capital of the Canadian province of Quebec. Slitting the conjoined rivers – St. Lawrence and St. Charles this city of French origin provides a number of attractions for the locals as well as the tourists to soak their eyes in. Major Quebec attractions would be linked to the heritage and historical significance of this delta city.
1. First in the line of Quebec attractions that also exhibit an interesting piece of knowledge would be the 400 years of history the city has to offer. Discovered and explored by French explorer Jacques Cartier, about 4 centuries ago this became a permanent settlement for a large number of French immigrants. This was later turned into a proper place to settle down in 1608 by Samuel de Champlain and hence the first official settlement in Canada came up as Quebec City.
2. Quebec major facts which also form a part of Quebec attractions would be the inherent French culture that was developed in this town 4 centuries ago. A significant influence of the Quebec culture thereby exhibits a rational blend with French culture and makes one feel like Europe while visiting this place. The major population of Quebec City is therefore of French origin speaking only English and French.
3. Quebec attractions and also the entire city of Quebec itself have been declared as the UNESCO World heritage site owing to its 400 years old historical significance. The major reason for Quebec City to form a part of the world heritage site is the city walls. 4.6kms long walls surround the city which was built by the French for defense purposes. However, even after Canada gained independence these city walls were kept intact to form a major part of tourist attraction.
4. A Catholic church, Notre-Dame also makes it to the list of major Quebec attractions and still stands tall as it used to since its establishment in 1647. This was built to look like a replica to the St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican City. Decorated with gold baldachin over the alar and tabernacle this 4-century old church forms a major attraction in the city of Quebec.
5. Quebec city’s legacy in the field of education also forms a major part of Quebec attractions. This city has a rich educational culture dating back to 1600s. The first school was founded in 1663 which later became the oldest and first French-language University in Canada in the year 1852. The Catholic Ursuline nuns founded the first school for girls in Quebec City which dates back to as old as 1642.
6. Last but definitely not the least in the list of Quebec attractions would be the food of Quebec. It is the home to Poutine, a French delicacy with French fries topped with cheese curds and brown gravy.
Despite the fact that the list does not cover all the Quebec attractions, it still points out the major facts about the city which would create an alluring experience for the travelers.
It is quite difficult to list down all the amazing and fun places you can visit and the alluring things to do in Montreal. However, the list has attempted to cover maximum possible places and things that can be experienced while in Montreal. Montreal must be in the bucket-list for many and it is very important to tick off a few places and a few things to do in Montreal during the visit.
1. Scale the Mont-Royal – The first addition to the list of things to do in Montreal would be to scale up the Mont Royal either on foot or in a bus. It is an absolutely exhilarating experience as one can also see the entire city of Montreal from the Belvedere observatory. However, if a person can rise up early and dare to catch the sunrise from behind the skyscrapers, it will create a lasting impression in their minds forever.
2. Go for the gastronomical tour – While considering the things to do in Montreal, missing out on the various amazing culinary experiences would be a strict no. Montreal has restaurants plowing the streets which are higher than the number of restaurants in New York on a per capita basis. The food is exquisite, delicious and mouth-watering. Experiencing the “Mile End food tour” will be one of a kind for anyone visiting this place.
3. Gorging on the poutine should be an important addition to the things to do in Montreal. Poutine is basically French fries served with cheese and brown gravy. However, with some modifications, it also comes with pork and other non-vegetarian items. Trying out the Poutine is something very important for anyone visiting Montreal since such an exquisite dish with a similar taste will not be available anywhere else.
4. Smoked meat sandwich – Montreal offers a 4-inch thick fully loaded meat sandwich that would be enough to fill up any stomach of whatsoever size. Trying out the smoked meat sandwich at Lester’s deli in Outremont is a must though
5. Take a walk on St. Paul Street – Walking along the Old parts of Montreal helps tourists to experience the beauty of European culture in Montreal. The streets of St. Paul’s thrive with cafes, bars, art galleries, souvenir shops and many such places where the tourists can shop without a fringe since Montreal is a cheap place to live and reside.
6. A tour of the market – Another important addition to the list of things to do in Montreal would be to visit one of the amazing markets in Montreal. Visiting the market would be a brilliant way to interact with the locals and have an opportunity to taste something new. Almost all varieties of Maple products are available in the market.
Keeping such exquisite experiences in mind it is important to relish the beautiful city of Montreal to the maximum glory possible. The city of Montreal is bound to create an exhilarating experience for anyone looking to soak up some brilliant experience.
So, it’s New Year time once again and it’s time to do something exotic to mark the start of a 2019! As the dark nights are in full swing, treat yourself and book something exotic to look forward to.
Travel around India
From the mighty Himalayas in the north, to the enchanting oceans in the south, India has it all! With the Rann of Kutch in the West and the seven sister states of the East, the backwaters of Kerala in the south, the sand dunes of the desert in Rajasthan, the deepest forests that come with a wide range of flora and fauna, the temples, archaeological, historical wonders, India reveals its enchanting world of splendour for its visitors.
If you have love for mountains, you can visit the Himalayans for a mountainous trek through the valleys, by the rivers and lakes, overlooking the snow capped peaks and ranges, to the world of serenity and tranquillity. Again, if you are more tilted towards seas, then the beaches of Goa and south India, and the western coasts will be ideal for you. Also, do not miss out the historical monuments, the jungles and other diversities across this subcontinent. I would recommend that the best way to travel through India and truly immerse yourself in the culture is to book onto a tour so that you don’t miss out on a single experience.
Go to the Seychelles
Home to the giant Aldabra tortoises, Seychelles another perfect destination for you to visit in 2019. There are so many things to do in this magnificent island country. Places you can visit include the Coco Island, Big Sister’s Private Island, Curieuse Islands, Moyenne Island, and many more. Another unique attraction of this place is the mountain rainforest of Morne Seychellois National Park.
Take a tour of Sri Lanka
Then there is Sri Lanka. There are so many things to do there! With a wide range of flora and fauna and unscathed natural beauty, with hills and valleys and splendid beaches, this country is a paradise for every visitor. Visit the Galle Fort, the splendid Viharamahadevi Park, Gangaramaya Temple, the Floating Market in Pettah, get the feel of the buzzing nightlife in Colombo – the country’s capital, experience a thrill with your favourite water sports, visit Kandi, the Temple of Tooth Relic, the Seetha Amman Temple and also, do not forget to take the famous Sri Lankan Tea Factory Tour! Sri Lanka makes for the perfect backpacking location and also meets the requirements of the older traveller as it has so much to offer.
Go to the Maldives
You can go beyond the Indian landmass and visit the Maldives to enjoy the sun and the turquoise beaches on offer. Whilst there, you can go for scuba diving and can also opt for snorkelling. There is also the excellent opportunity to indulge in some dolphin spotting and spending leisure time on the white sands of the iconic pristine beaches. Just go for hopping from one island to another and explore some of the stunning accommodation available through the islands.
Visit Crete in Greece
This is the biggest Greek Island and is considered to be the legendary birthplace of Greek God Zeus. The place is home to mesmerising fishing villages and fascinating medieval ruins, set against a quiet countryside. Add to this the affordable villas, hotels and rental, and you have a complete paradise for tourists. You must also be sure to taste the Cretan cuisine, sourced from local fishing and farming communities.
So, open your laptop and start planning your 2019 adventure!
The United Kingdom offers its visitors an array of experiences that differ from other you may find across Europe. Whilst most tourists find themselves drawn to London and Cambridge, one should not be restricted, and it is in fact a good idea to explore options that spread all over the UK to make the trip the most memorable it can be.
Visit and stay at York
York is loaded with millennia of history and has multiple attractions. The York Maze is one such that promises to be great fun. Although it is open to visitors only from mid July to beginning of September, it is famous for the Giant Maize Maze consisting of a million maize plants. Kids will have fun solving the Finger Fortune Maze and the Maze of Illusions, amongst others. There are multiple BnB’s and flat share options at York that are easy on the pocket. Some offer special rates for students making for a more affordable option.
The astonishing beauty of the Fingal’s Cave has drawn people from across genres including Pink Floyd and Jules Verne. The spectacular hexagonal basalt columns that make up the interiors create a pathway that people can walk over and reach the insides of the cave. The amazing acoustics produced at times inside the cave also causes it to be called “Cave of Melody”. Its beauty has inspired people of all walks of life. One can reach it by boat to the nearest ferry or by bus, and there are also train services.
Hire a canal boat
UK is famous for its landscape which is laced with canals and waterways. A fun way to see this for yourself is to explore the canals on a canal boat. You can cruise around the canals of London, the infamous Leeds-Liverpool canal and even through Ireland on these. An entirely water-based route through Bath and Edinburgh can be chalked out. The canal boats are equipped with most amenities like showers, beds, kitchens and adequate heating. The beautiful views along the way make it all worth it. The famed English countryside is explored at its best in this manner.
Harry Potter tour
Platform 9 and 3/4th is the stuff of legends and no one, young or old, wants to give this tour a miss. A whole new industry has been spawned around ‘The Boy who Lived’ and the Harry Potter experience is a magical place to visit. Filled with merchandise shops and other things relatable to the famed series; the excitement is never ending. Getting a chance to ride your own broomstick, visiting Dumbledore’s office, the wonders never cease. The walking tour takes you to film locations where you can identify a lot of what you watched on the screen.
Add a little zing to your UK tour with a cider-making course. It promises to be a lot of fun. You are a part of every step of the process, from selecting the apples to the finished product. You end up with about 25 litres of apple juice which you ferment to get your very own cider. It is easy to choose and book a course that suits you best online.
There are different aspects to travel worldwide. Fun activities thrown into your itinerary will only enhance your experience for the best.