Surrounded by the river Nete, comprising of the city of lier proper and the village of Koningshooikt lays the municipality of Lier in the Belgian province of Antwerp. Very unfamiliar names in the world map yet a beautiful place to explore. Do you find pleasure in visiting places less known to people? Do you love exploring such exotic locations in the world? If yes then there are several Lier attractions that would form a part of your travel itinerary.
Lier offers a wide variety of historical and cultural places to visit for the tourists traveling miles away from home. Though the list is long, we have tried pointing out the 7 best places to look out for in Lier attractions.
1. Begijnhof Lier – A quaint and serene walk amidst the historical and age-old dwellings in Lier carved with narrow streets and a satisfying view. These small and century-old dwellings were originally made for maiden old women and nuns. These continue to be inhabited by the same people till date.
2. Zimmer Tower is another very queer addition to the list of Lier attractions since it forms a part of the old architecture of the city of Lier. This is a clock tower mixed with some fun and humor. You ought to spend some time staring at it and then sit by the cafe nearby sipping on some famous beer and coffee of Belgium.
3. Next in the list of lier attractions comes the Lier historical town. 10 minutes on a train from Antwerp is this historical town comprising of old age buildings and heritage sites. The best part about the Lier town is that every location is at a walkable distance from each other. Flaunting the streets of this old historical town are the cafes serving the premium quality beer, coffee and amazing food which any tourist can look for to relish their appetite. Historical locations in Lier mostly include the Marktplein, Town hall and St. James Chapel.
4. As we move along our list of Lier attractions, comes the famous St. Gummarus Church. This is a brilliant and alluring piece of century-old architecture with a peaceful and sanctified experience. This attraction is a must for anyone visiting the city of Lier.
5. LAGO Lier de Waterperels – This lier attraction would remind you of the Great Bath in the Harappa & Mohenjo-Daro civilization. It is a collection of community swimming pools comprising of several pools for different ages. Enough cafeterias and lounge seats to relish along the pools if you do not wish to swim or lather around. Hence, this forms a part of our list in Lier attractions.
6. T’ struisvogelnest – This forms a part of our list in Lier attractions because of the fact that this a very commonplace for the locals to organize several parties and get-togethers. This is a brilliant sight to watch as the locals indulge in parties while enjoying with the animals in this farm.
7. In our list of Lebu attractions, Stedelijk museum finds a place. This is a small museum comprising of 3 rooms where one room is reserved for special exhibitions. The other two rooms display the masterpieces of Peter Breugel II. Apart from these, there are also paintings from other century-old artists that occupy the displays of the museum. With pretty good audio explanation facilities, this small museum can provide you insights on the art and culture of this small town.
Hence the small city of Lier should be one in your bucket list to check off during your travel plans at least once in your life.