Waterloo is a city situated in Ontario in Canada. The city is famous for the battle which took place in it. Also known as the Battle of Waterloo, this battle was fought between the French and the British and Prussian army.
It’s a very good place to plan a trip to. There are a lot of things to do in Waterloo.
Here are some of the best things to do in Waterloo:
• ST. JACOBS FARMERS MARKET- This market is farmers and flea market. Its location is to the south of King Street North. Fresh vegetables and lots of locally grown fruits are specialties of this market. People love this market also for its variety of tasty street food. People can also get local handicrafts in this market. Basically, it is a very economical and cheap market.
• THE MUSEUM- This is a museum open to the public. It exhibits a range of permanent interactive and rotating temporary exhibits for almost all age groups to touch, see and enjoy. It is a must be in peoples list of things to do in Waterloo.
• WATERLOO PARK- This park is full of splash pads; there is a replica of a mill and a farm. It is a good location both for adults and children to enjoy. Also, there are picnic sites and sports facilities to enjoy. People can go there for a workout and also for family fun.
• WOODSIDE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE- This is the childhood home of former Canadian prime minister William Lyon Mackenzie King. This house was built earlier in 1853. This house is well preserved and its a Victorian home. It contains the family heirlooms of the former prime minister.
• KITCHENER-WATERLOO ART GALLERY- This art gallery displays a variety of contemporary visual arts including local, national and international arts. Also its very affordable because the entry fee is almost nil.
• HILLSIDE PARK- This is a great park to enjoy nature. There is a variety of trees in this park. Also, people find many owls in this park. So it is a good place for bird watching and bird photography.
• COLOMBIA LAKE- This place is located beside the lake as the name suggests. Its famous for displays a variety of fireworks every July. Also, it is great for going on walks.
• CLAIR LAKE PARK- This is a great place for a quiet and thoughtful sit. It has a pleasant surrounding with many happy and friendly ducks. They also have a set of playground equipment.
• PETERSBURG REGIONAL FOREST- This is a great place for hiking. Nature lovers will love this place. This is surely an item of the things to do in waterloo list.
• BECHTEL DOG PARK- This is a great place to roam around with dogs. The shrubs are short in height and so you can see your dogs and there is no chance of them getting lost. Also, the walks are good for the owners as the environment is very good in the park.
Thus Waterloo is a great place to go on a trip. There are a lot of things to do in Waterloo and also it feels special due to its historical significance. This place is a must visit.